Last week I outlined the four basic body shape types and gave you some top tips on how to dress to flatter an inverted triangle body shape type.
This week we’re talking about -
- Narrow back / shoulders
- Wider hips
- Narrow waist
- Lean shoulders
- Small bust
If you’re someone who always feels more comfortable in loose pants, and has often wished for a more generous bust, then you’re most likely a pear shape. The ‘once on the lips / forever on the hips’ saying rings all too true in your world. This week’s “Tuesday chat” I touched on a few ideas for the pear shape body type and modelled an outfit combination that would be a great choice for a pear.
5 TOP TIPS IF YOU’RE A PEAR…
- Wear prints / texture / bright and lighter colours on the top half of an outfit
- High crew neck, collared shirts, turtlenecks, pussy bow neck – all necklines that cover most of the décolletage and / or has detail on the neck.
- Fitted tops or tees. If sleeveless the more cutaway the shoulder the better.
- Wide leg pants look amazing paired with a fitted top, as well as maxi skirts and maxi dresses.
- DO NOT finish your top or jacket at the widest part of your hips (ie boyfriend/oversized blazer or oversized tee). A cropped fitted jacket will look great, so we can see the shape of your waist.
BONUS TIP If your jeans are a little loose or gaping at the back of the waist, find a long ribbon or shoelace, make a hole on the inside of the waistband either side of the button, and thread it through the waistband. You can then tie it tightly and it will be hidden on the inside of the waist. Or alternatively get a pretty ribbon and loop it through the two back belt hoops and tie in a bow at the back of your jeans
Look out for our “what’s your bodyshape?” quiz, launching on this website soon!
Next week – 5 top tips for curvy or hourglass shapes
I’d love to know if this helped you!? Send me an email or dm me on any of our socials with your experience with your body shape challenges. I absolutely love hearing from every one of you <3